Thursday 19 April 2012

17 BB Cream

After umming and ahhing for a few weeks about whether or not to try out one of these BB creams which every blogger and his wife seems to have reviewed, I decided to bite the bullet yesterday in Boots, and opted for 17's version as it was reasonably priced and a few people had recommended it to me.




As you can see, the BB cream comes in a black box, which to me, made it look and feel more expensive than it is, which is a plus. The tube inside is your average plastic tube, but I personally like this as it's easy to get the product out, and easy to get the right amount of product out. This only comes in two shades, light and medium, so if you have dark skin, unfortunately this product is not for you! I chose 'light' since I'm quite pale and 'medium' I found quite orange.

"The weightless, all-in-one creamy formula blends seamlessly into skin, moisturising, concealing, smoothing and protecting". This is the claim that 17 make about the product. Does it deliver? Well I have only used this product two or three times and I have to say, I'm impressed. Although it doesn't give as much coverage as I am used to with foundation, it's sufficient enough if you happen to be having a good skin day. I love that it feels very light on the skin and doesn't actually look like you are wearing any make-up. If I was in the middle of a breakout, I would have to move back to Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation, however, this is perfect for when you're feeling confident about your skin but don't fancy going out bare-faced. It also has an SPF of 25, which is an added bonus.


The texture is quite smooth, in fact it almost feels like you are applying moisturiser. It also claims to control oil, which I have to say was my one gripe about this product. I don't have very oily skin, in fact my face is quite dry, and this made me look a little shiny at first, but after about an hour it looked fine so I don't know if this is a common problem or just something I experienced?

Overall though, this is a perfect lightweight alternative to normal foundation, and probably a product I will be reaching for regularly during the day. At night if I'm going out, I will still porbably favour foundation as it gives a better coverage, but this is perfect for holidays or for everyday use.

RRP £6.99 from Boots.
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-47681586-1