Saturday 14 April 2012

Max Factor Max Effect Mini Nail Polish in Fantasy Fire




I know, I know. You've probably seen a million posts on this, and I am rather late jumping onto the bandwagon. However, I didn't actually buy this polish because of all the hype surrounding it, I bought it because I genuinely like the colour and the duochrome effect. Needless to say, the formula left a lot to be desired. I knew this was a sheer colour before I bought it, due to reading numerous reviews and blog posts about it, so I didn't even bother trying to layer up the polish, as I hate polishes like that as they smudge so easily. I layered Fantasy Fire over Barry M's Bright Purple, though I want to try it over a lighter shade such as Barry M's Berry Ice Cream to see what that effect is like :).


Excuse the backgrounds of these pictures, this was where I could actually capture some of the colour shifts, aha.

This polish is a purple colour, which shifts to gold, pink and green in certain lights. I couldn't seem to photograh the green anywhere, so you'll have to take my word for that one! The top picture shows more of the gold shift (excuse the tipwear on there, this was the 3rd day of wearing it), and the second picture shows the pinky shift. Application was good once layered over another colour, and you could use purple (like I did), blue, lilac etc for your base coat to give different shades, making it very versatile. The polish gave an amazing glass-like smooth finish even with no top coat, which I thought was good.

Overall, I really like this. I haven't used any other Max Factor polishes before, and after this one, I may give a few others a try. This polish comes in a very small bottle (it doesn't actually say how much is in it, and I can't find it on the Boots website, so apologies) and costs £3.99 from Boots and Superdrug (though it's on special offer in Superdrug at the minute for £2.99). It's quite expensive for the amount of polish that you get, but because of the effect, I would repurchase. It's apparently the "it" shade at the minute and because of this is hard to find, but I found it in both Boots and Superdrug on the first attempt. 

What do you think? Would you purchase this shade?

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-47681586-1