Wednesday 2 May 2012

Natural Collection Lipstick in 'Pink Orchid'

Helloo everyone.
As you may know, I am on a mission to be more experimental with my makeup, and am starting with lipsticks as these are something I do not wear and would really like to try after seeing some fab swatches on some blogs. I blogged about a MUA lipstick the other day, and today I have for you a Natural Collection offering. Natural Collection is exclusively available in Boots and at www.boots.com.




This shade is called 'Pink Orchid' and I thought it was really pretty. It's not a bright, in your face candy pink, it's quite subtle I think, a dark pink with a tiny hint of shimmer in it.(As you can probably tell, I am no good at describing lipstick colours, sorry :S). The application of this was good - it was smooth and glided on well. It wasn't extremely pigmented with one swipe, but easily buildable. It's called a 'Moisture Shine Lipstick' and I do think it lives up to this, it is moisturising and doesn't dry your lips out as well as giving your lips a nice shine.

(Please ignore my gross teeth, and yes I do have wet hair!)
As you can see, the lipstick is subtle but I think it's quite pretty. This picture was taken with 2 'coats' of the lipstick, but it could be built up into a much stronger pink if you so wished.
Overall, I quite like this - I like the colour and the application of the lipstick. I much prefer this to the MUA one I reviewed on Monday, in terms of application and of course colour too. I would definately buy a few more shades from the brand, and at £1.99 each, they're cheap :)
Has anyone else tried any Natural Collection products? I'd love to know your thoughts
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-47681586-1