Wednesday 16 January 2013

Beauty Bloggers Tag

I wanted to write a post today but was at a loss as to what to write about, so I thought now was as good a time as any to do the beauty bloggers tag! I'm not 100% sure who came up with this, so unortunately I can't link, but I know it's been around for quite a while and I've been wanting to do it for ages but never got round to it! So here goes:
 
#1. Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
I started a blog because I had been reading beauty blogs and watching beauty youtube videos for ages, and since I had some spare time from uni work I decided to try and make my own! I have now been blogging for around 9 months, which I know is not long at all compared to some people!
 
#2. Who's blog did you fall in love with first?
This is probably a lot of people's answer, but Louise's blog Sprinkle of Glitter. I absolutely love her blog, you can really see her personality in the way she writes.
 
#3. What was the first blogosphere hyped product you bought? Was it worth the hype?
Probably the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation actually. I know a lot of people love this but unfortunately I didn't really get along with it as it gave me really bad breakouts!
 
#4. What are your 5 favourite things about being a beauty blogger?
  • Having somewhere to write about something I love.
  • Chatting to lots of other lovely bloggers on twitter.
  • Taking photos of products.
  • Learning how to use html!
  • Learning lots of new things about products.
Tumblr_mgoqqryl871ruah4oo1_500_large
(photo from weheartit)
 
#5. What have you learnt from being a beauty blogger?
I think writing my blog has helped me to improve how I write, and also how to do and create more things with my laptop! Before my blog I could write essays and browse the internet but that was about it. I'm quite proud of the fact I've designed my blog myself and I definitely feel that I have learnt a lot about html.
 
#6. Have you changed anything since becoming a beauty blogger?
Yes and no. I have always looked after my skin (I like to think so anyway!) but since starting my blog I cleanse and tone every night without fail. Before I was guilty of using face wipes to remove make up but now, I can't remember the last time I used one!
 
#7. What advice would you give to a beauty blogger starting out?
Don't expect your blog to be an overnight success. Writing a blog is not about how many followers you have, but about writing about what you enjoy. If you're just writing for the sake of it, people will be able to tell. Also, I really recommend getting a twitter account as I have spoken to lots of lovely people through there, and also quite a lot of my blog traffic comes from there!
 
Slavenibas-lasa-tvitus-6_large
(photo from weheartit)
 
#8. Name your top 5 make up brands.
Benefit, Revlon, Rimmel, Barry M and I also really like MUA because it's so cheap and everything I've tried has been really good quality!
 
#9. Recommend your top 5 beauty products.
Gosh this is a hard one! High Beam by Benefit as it just makes your skin look amazing, Revlon Colourstay foundation as it is literally the best foundation I have ever tried and Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, as it keeps your face shine free for hours.
I also like the Rimmel ScandalEyes eyeliners as they're really good quality, extremely pigmented colours, and finally I love Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer - I'm sure I don't need to explain why!
 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-47681586-1