Friday 25 January 2013

Rimmel Apocalips | Celestial

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past few days, the chances are you will have heard of the new 'Apocalips' by Rimmel. Amazing name aside, these are basically a liquid lipstick (they're being labelled a 'lip lacquer' by Rimmel)  - the pigmentation of a lipstick with the high-shine finish of a gloss.
 
 
 
 
The packaging of these is quite space-age esque, something which I personally really like. I also really like the applicator which comes with this - it's a perfect size and the shape of it makes applying the product really easy.
 
I have the shade 'celestial', which is a sort of muted pinky-red kind of colour which will suit most skin tones. There are 8 shades altogether, and I will definitely be picking up some more shades after trying this one out!
 
This has a really creamy consistency which doesn't pull or drag on the lips, and makes it perfect for people like myself who suffer from dry lips. The high-shine finish doesn't last all that long - I'd say around an hour/hour and a half, but once the shine has faded you are left with a beautiful lip stain which lasts for around 6 hours.
 
I am a big fan of these so far, and will definitely be adding more shades to my makeup bag. The only negative I have found about this is the fact that it smells really odd. I can't quite put my finger on what it smells like, but it's something I'm just not personally a fan of. In saying that, the smell doesn't linger after you've applied this, so don't let it put you off!
 
These are available at Boots and Superdrug and are priced at £5.99 each.
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I got mine today! Woop :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooo! They're really good aren't they! xx

      Delete
  2. i really want to try these! just have to wait for the us to get them :(
    http://www.thelilywhiteenglishrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's a shame you don't have them yet:( hopefully you won't have to wait too long! Xx

      Delete
  3. that looks like such a beautiful shade! i really want to buy one

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, RT brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely! Ah you should, they're really good!xx

      Delete
    2. It looks like a really nice shade :) x


      www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete

UA-47681586-1