Tuesday 2 April 2013

Benefit High Beam vs. Technic High Lights

I am a big fan of Benefit High Beam. I think it's a really, really nice product, the only thing that puts me off is the rather hefty price tag! I'm sure many of you will have seen this particular "dupe" mentioned before, but I recently purchased it as I was running out of High Beam and didn't want to spend almost £20 on a full-sized bottle, so I thought I'd just give you all my opinion on it!
 
 
L-R; benefit, technic
 
L-R; benefit, technic
 
L-R; benefit, technic
 
In terms of packaging, these two look almost identical. I know I only have a mini high beam, but the technic packaging is a complete rip-off of benefit's design! Even the fonts they've used at the same!
 
The brushes are a different story. The packaging might look identical, but the brushes definitely aren't! The benefit brush is really high quality - no stray bristles etc, whereas the technic brush just feels really flimsy, and as you can probably see, there are a few stray bristles. The benefit offering is really lovely and easy to apply due to the quality of the brush, however the technic one tends to be rather difficult to apply to the cheekbones, due to the fact the brush tend to bend in the complete opposite direction as soon as it touches your face!
 
When you first swatch these, there are some similarties in colour, but overall they are quite different. High beam is slightly more pink-toned than technic, which leans to an almost white/champagne colour. Once blended, you can still see a colour difference, but it's not too noticeable.
 
High beam tends to last all day on my cheeks, and I have found that the technic product does also last quite a while, although maybe not quite as long as the benefit one.
 
Overall, I don't think these are exact dupes, but they're pretty similar. Despite the frankly awful brush, I do think the technic product is worth picking up. You can get technic from a shop called "Bodycare" I believe, although I'm not too sure how widely available this shop is. I actually got mine from amazon, where I believe it's slightly more expensive, but still only around the £3/4 mark. I got mine from this seller.
 
I believe technic also do dupes for some other benefit products - I know they have a benetint dupe and a that girl primer dupe which may be worth checking out too!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I really dislike high beam as I find it makes my skin look greasy. I think its because I have oily skin anyway. The Tecnic one is so much better value :) xo

    megansbeautyblog22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really?! I have quite oily skin and I really like it :) the technic one is much better value though, don't want to be paying 3 times as much for something that's practically the same! Xx

      Delete
  2. I have both of these too, I don't think I'll ever almost £20 on one bottle of Benefit High Beam! x
    Amy | http://amysbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how I feel! I love high beam but I just don't think I could bring myself to spend £20 on it! Xx

      Delete
  3. I used to love my Benefit High Beam until I found Girls Meets Pearl which offers a much more natural glow alternative to the greasy look. I've not tired the Technic but it looks like a reasonable cheaper dupe.

    www.XxClaireLouisexX.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

UA-47681586-1