Friday 14 June 2013

MAC Fix+


It feels like absolutely ages ago that I sat down and wrote a post on my blog, but honestly, that is because it WAS ages ago. I don't really have an excuse, I just didn't feel inspired to write, I felt I had nothing to write about, and so I decided it was better to just take a small break rather than churn out posts that I didn't really want to write. Anyway I finally WANT to write again so I thought I'd start with a review of a product that I have been using for a while now, and I know quite a lot of people really like it, but I just haven't been getting on with it!

 
 
 
"An aqua-spritz of vitamin and minerals, infused with a calm-the-skin blend of green tea, chamomile, cucumber, topped off with the fresh, natural, energizing scent of Sugi. Adds radiance, finishes makeup. Spray it on. Skin drinks it up!"
I originally bought this as a make up setting spray, however I found that it didn't actually help my make up to stay on any longer than it would without it. It does, however, work well at getting rid of the dreaded 'cake face'.
 
As someone with quite oily skin, I tend to apply a fair amount of powder and unless I'm extremely careful, it's all too easy to end up with a cakey, powdery, gross face. However, one spray of this and the powdery look has all but disappeared, which in my books, is amazing. Unfortunately for me, I found this made my skin look rather oily than simply giving it a natural dewy look.
 
As it makes my skin look oilier than it already is, I've had to give this product a miss recently. I tried to persevere with it, but with oily skin already, I don't want something that makes it look worse. To be fair, it is really good at removing the cakiness of make up, but that for me is where the positives end. I don't rate it as a setting spray, and I don't like the fact it makes my skin look really oily.
 
This is £13.50 and available from MAC, Debenhams and Selfridges.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-47681586-1